In our fast -paced society, quality is often sacrificed for convenience. Too many businesses are so concerned with “quantity” that they often fail to maintain a high standard of “quality. ” Pro Inspect Home Inspection Services believes you can have both convenience and quality. From your first phone inquiry to the delivery of your final inspection report, Pro Inspect Home Inspection Services will be with you all the way. We strongly encourage you to attend the inspection. Being present during the inspection provides you with the opportunity to ask questions about the systems and components of your new home; enabling you to receive first -hand answers on -site. One of our missions is to educate you about the items in the property so that you are safe and knowledgeable in the normal operation of your new home. We look forward to providing you with home buying peace -of -mind. We never forget that we are working for you!
What is a home inspection?
All of our home inspections are conducted according to ASHI standards of practice. A home inspection is an objective, visual, and non-invasive examination of the systems and structure of a home, from the roof to the foundation. Having a home inspected is similar to getting a physical checkup. If a problem or symptom is discovered, the inspector may recommend further evaluation.
Keeping Things in Perspective.
We are here to help you understand the important issues relating to your home. We are sensitive to the emotions present during the transaction and know that the timely delivery of the message is as important as its content. When discussing problems, we may suggest solutions and maintenance programs. Please understand that our suggestions are by no means mandatory on the part of either the seller or buyer. We will offer valuable information giving you greater confidence in negotiations.
When do I receive my report?
You will receive your report by email within 24-hours of the inspection. We will additionally give you a verbal summary, explain features, and answer any questions that you may have at the conclusion of the inspection.
We strongly urge the buyer to be present for the review at the end of the inspection. By being present, you will have a far greater understanding of your new home and the report.
What we inspect:
- EXTERIOR: grading, walls, coverings, patios, decks, patio covers, sidewalks, driveways, soffits, fasciae, doors, windows, trim, gutters, downspouts and retaining walls.
- STRUCTURE: foundation, crawlspace, footings, columns, floors, walls and chimneys.
- ROOFING: structure, coverings, flashings, skylights, vents and stacks.
- ELECTRICAL: service entrance, grounding, panel/sub-panels, branch circuits, outlets, GFCI’s, circuit integrity.
- HEATING & A/C: description, combustion system, A/C components, supply and discharge lines, venting, ductwork and registers, controls, and thermostat .
- PLUMBING: main supply line, distribution lines, water heater, fixtures, vents, traps, drains and functional flow.
- INSULATION: attics, crawlspace, floors, lines, ductwork, air/vapor barriers.
- INTERIOR: walls, ceilings, windows, floors, doors, stairs, fireplaces, smoke detectors, CO detectors and appliances.
- RADON: testing is available for an additional charge.
How Long Will it Take?
In most cases, the average inspection takes between 2 to 3 hours depending on the size, condition and age of the property. A confidential, comprehensive narrative report is provided to you via email within 24 hours. You may also receive a printed report via regular mail. Photos are included of areas that have defects.